Here we go.

21 August 2008

I tried my first Bittman recipe last night. Me & ATM high-fived the entire time we were eating, it was so brilliant!

I came to learn about Mark Bittman through fellow cooks on a message board that I peruse every once in awhile. They constantly harp on his genius & his methods. It didn't take long where I just started believing it without having tried any of his stuff. I mean, I recommended one of his books to KMHD, purely on the opinions of others!

I can understand his appeal, I mean, he's not a trained chef or anything intimidating like that. He's an ordinary person who likes to cook good food. He's one of us, we're on the same level. Sure, he writes for the NY Times, but it's not a big deal. He doesn't talk down to us, he's just trying to give you a really good recipe, man. Looking forward to trying another recipe of his! Maybe I'll take a picture of my creation before hoovering it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, this rainy weather rules, but it is also kicking my butt. I am constantly sleepy! It's making me lazy! I don't even bother trying to style my hair! But, I love the cool temps, the lush greenery, and the porch sitting.

I think we're going to break the Olympic-watching habit and go to WWT for happy hour and possibly a tofu sandwich.

O.K., let's get some work done, people!


*Added on @ 11:47 a.m.
I may make Collin some chocolate chip cookies for his birthday. Please, universe, grant me the energy to do this! He's a pal!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let us Happy Hour this week at WWT. I should be better midweek.

Blog Archive